Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 10,000 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think.
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day.
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve.
We are the architects of PayFit's success.
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
About the role
This position is based in France.
Get onboard of the PayFit rocket by joining our Legal Team as a Legal Counsel, Labor & Employment.
Your main missions will be :
- to be the dedicated contact & senior expert for all teams, especially ExCo members/VPs, People (HR, Admin & Payroll, TA, C&B), Finance, Strategy, IT & Office teams, on labor & employment related matters for France, Spain, UK, managing a HR Legal counsel
You will be responsible for:
- Lead or collaborate on transversal projects & issues : fundraisings, creation/closing entities, transfers/reorganizations, Work From Anywhere Policy, Collective reward scheme, Health insurance schemes, Whistleblowing policy, PoAs
- Strive for compliance with social regulations (working time, vocational training, compensation & benefits...)
- Supervise the HR Legal counsel on day-to-day & individual issues, pre-litigations and litigations
- Support proper management of labor relations, prepare meetings, draft/review agreements & associated documentation
The role is made for you if:
• You have at least 6 years' experience as an Employment Lawyer and/or Labor Lawyer, with in-house experience a prerequisite
• You have a management experience
• You progress in a dynamic & international environment
• You have solid legal skills
• You have a strategic vision
• You are autonomous, organized, adaptable, responsive, pragmatic and think outside the box
• You are fluent in French and English (Spanish a plus)
Your future team:
You will be part of our stellar legal team composed of 7 people (commercial, HR, corporate and privacy & compliance).
You will be working with various stakeholders within the company (product, security, customer support, sales, HR, etc.)
You will report directly to the VP legal.
Validation of the application
1️⃣ HR interview
2️⃣ Interview with the team
3️⃣ Interview with a business case
4️⃣ Interview with the VP Legal
=> Background check to verify (ISO27001 certification): identity, diploma and past professional experiences.
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe it is key to produce your best work and to be fulfilled. We therefore offer the possibility to work away from our main offices, within France/UK/Spain; as well as abroad for a defined period of time. Further requirements may apply depending on the role and your overall experience.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills everyday with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym membership conditions depending on country and 4 paid sessions with a mental health practitioner and online support with Moka Care.
Health insurance: with conditions depending on the country.
Meals: Restaurant tickets.
Home office budget: To help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process. Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate!