Get to know us
Do you want to help us shape what the future of work will look like and how it will best embrace our life's aspirations? If this sounds like a journey you want to embark on, we may have the right role for you!
PayFit is an intuitive cloud-based payroll and employee management solution designed specifically for SMBs. Since 2015, we have set ourselves a mission to simplify payroll for SMBs and enable employers and employees to grow together. We are a European company operating from 3 main countries (France, Spain, and the UK) where we are supporting over 10,000 clients.
Creating a fulfilling work environment and culture is also a core mission at PayFit, and our day-to-day work philosophy is reflected in our four values:
We genuinely care for others whoever they are, whatever they think.
We aim to improve and achieve better results every day.
Staying humble and exchanging transparent feedback helps us to grow and improve.
We are the architects of PayFit's success.
A key part of our culture, and essential for our success, is also improving the diversity of our teams and building an inclusive culture where you can be yourself at work.
This is why our recruitment focuses on the skills you demonstrate, and not only on your academic background or previous professional experiences. At PayFit we understand that you can gain applicable skills through a variety of life experiences and we are interested in knowing them, too.
About the role :
PayFit is on a journey to evolve from a monolithic low-code platform (aka JetLang Platform) toward a more decoupled/distributed platform embracing event-driven and following the principles of DDD to better serve our customers.
As part of the Domain Empowerment team, your role will be to accompany this change (see AMET pattern describing well team mission), involving:
- Driving evolutions of PayFit’s SaaS architecture and legacy services while ensuring a culture of technical excellence: data-driven decisions, best practices, incremental delivery, continuous improvements, reliability, observability, and ownership
- Understanding business domains needs, proposing path to help them to get back ownership of their data & business logic leveraging new event driven platform layers and leading the change
- Collaborating with colleagues with different backgrounds (Design, Engineering, and Product) to define challenges to solve and work on
- Mentoring and training your peers on design techniques and coding/architecture standards, and cultivate innovation and collaboration across multiple teams
This role is for you if :
- You are experienced in software development, specifically in cloud architectures, systems design, distributed systems, observability and reliability practices. Experience in large scale SaaS architecture is a plus
- You are experienced in Domain Driven Design, Hexagonal Architecture, Systems Design, Event Driven Architecture, Command and Query Responsibility Segregation, Circuit Breakers and other distributed systems patterns experience
- You promote early risks identification and have a impact-center approach
- You are experienced on and embrace the evolution of systems
- You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
- You are a real team player who wants to build a big success story with us
- You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and to mentor others. We're caring and make sure everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others
- You strive to understand, synthesize, and communicate complex technical concepts and business problems
- You speak English fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
If you think you would be a good fit even if you don't meet 100% of the requirements, we would love to hear from you!
About the team :
Our mission is to deliver standardized common bricks that empower teams to build a Payroll & HR SaaS suite SMBs, entrepreneurs and ecosystem partners love, ensuring accuracy, compliance and sustainability. This involves collaborations across the whole engineering organization.
We do so through empowered, autonomous teams with clear ownership. We believe in the teams and their members' ability to make informed decisions and deliver exceptional results. With knowledgeable and passionate members striving for excellence and sharing and learning from all experts in the team.
Join our team to work together towards a common goal and create a meaningful impact by building a meaningful product for our users.
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
• Technical stack: Node.js, TypeScript, React, AWS, Kubernetes, Terraform, SAM, CloudFormation, Helm, serverless, …
• Code collaboration: GitHub, CircleCI
• Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion, Miro, Google Docs
• Communication: Gather, Slack, Zoom
Hiring process :
1. First you will meet a Talent Acquisition Specialist for a discovery call (45 min)
2. Next step will be a meeting with Arnaud, Engineering Manager (45 min)
3. You will go through a live technical code exercise with 2 Software Engineers (60 min)
4. Then you will have a System Design live discussion with Stephen (45 min)
5. Next step would be meeting Dylan, Product Manager (30min)
6. Finally, you will have a discussion with Damian, Engineering Director (30 min)
What we offer
Flexibility: We believe it is key to produce your best work and to be fulfilled. We therefore offer the possibility to work away from our main offices, within France/UK/Spain; as well as abroad for a defined period of time. Further requirements may apply depending on the role and your overall experience.
Learning & Development: In PayFit we have a great learning platform where you can learn new skills everyday with the support of our company. We also have English language courses to improve your business communication vocabulary and get to the next level.
Career Development: We want you to progress and be free to choose which direction you want to grow. There are also opportunities for internal moves.
Health promotion: Gym membership conditions depending on country and 4 paid sessions with a mental health practitioner and online support with Moka Care.
Health insurance: with conditions depending on the country.
Meals: Restaurant tickets.
Home office budget: To help you get set up in the best conditions. A MacBook as our standard working tool.
Disability Inclusion: All of our positions are open to any person living with a disability. To guarantee equal treatment and opportunities, we will take, based on individual needs, appropriate measures to adapt the work conditions of PayFiters with disabilities, and if needed also during the recruitment process. Please let us know what you need and we will do our best to accommodate!